viernes, 28 de septiembre de 2012

Independence Day Holidays


I usually celebrate Independence Day Holidays in my grandmother’s house with my two parents, my brother, my cousins, my aunts and uncles. We meet at lunch and make a barbecue, “empanadas” and “mote con huesillo”. After we have lunch, we stay at the table for a while talking about different things and then we play some music and dance “cueca”. In the evening we continue eating and drinking “chicha”.

I really like these holidays because I have a good time with my family. My grandmother prepares delicious “empanadas” and I enjoy eating some. I also like to listen and dance to the “cueca”. I can’t think of anything that I dislike about these Holidays. In my opinion, these are one of the best holidays in the year.
 These are "empanadas"

This year was different, I spent these holidays with my brother and my best friend in Santiago, and my parents travelled to the beach. I went with my brother and his friends to a “fonda”, a kind of refreshment stand, in Parque Hurtado. I ate kebabs and french fries and drank “terremoto”, which produced me a lot of stomach-ache and headache. Regardless of that we had a great time together, talking and laughing.

The next evening, I and my best friend went to a “fonda” in Parque Inés de Suárez. We ate “empanadas” and drank only juice. We talked a lot because we hadn’t been together for about three months and we had some important things about our lives to talk about. So, I really enjoyed these Independence Day Holidays.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario